Sunday, March 11, 2018

Daylight Savings Time

When I was a naive teenager, I wrote to my ELECTED OFFICIALS and asked why we don't abolish Daylight Savings Time.

I wrote, "Instead of moving clocks around and playing tricks, why don't we move ourselves? If people want more daylight, then they can simply change their office hours. They can state, "As of March 10th, our hours will be 8 to 4 instead of 9 to 5."

Those businesses and stores that want to keep their normal hours can do so. Government buildings and schools can switch if they choose. It's about choice in a Democracy. Isn't it?

I think this was the first time I recognized crapathy-speak. As in, "Thank you, Mr. Smith, for your interesting suggestion. I will take it under consideration." And/or, "I appreciated hearing your views, and I will take the appropriate action."

No comments:

Post a Comment