Wednesday, December 25, 2019

And, like, Lenny Da Vinci, he did "Mona Lisa"

Oh, there was a just another little reminder of how dumbed-down people are, and how they can't communicate properly. Ain't it a shame? It's all, like, sort of sucks, dude.

Lookit who died. It's the woman who DID the theme from "Friends."

No proofreader needed. We all know what up. Know wuttum sayin? We KNOW what she DID. She DID the "Friends" theme.

I'm sure that all the people who actually know what the FUCK the "Friends" theme sounds like, are fine with knowing who DID it. It might only be people who never watched that stupid show and were reading a book instead, who would be objecting.

The woman WROTE the theme for "Friends." Is that sentence too esoteric? WROTE has two extra letters in it, compared to DID. That's a problem?

Who wrote "Sweethearts of 60's TV." I did. But did I "do" the book "Sweethearts of 60's TV?" Yes, your honor, I "did it." But that's a confession. When I worked on the book, I was WRITING it.

It's a small quirk chipping away on the larger crumble of grammar? Well, I guess I'm all into correctness, and I'm not down with or in with any outage in the English language.

PS, when are we all officially sick of shortened nicknames for people (J-LO, Scar-Jo) or couples (Brangelina). But I digress.

The good news is that eventually there won't be an English language. Nobody will be teaching Shakespeare. It'll be rap. And when you make a phone call, "If you want to hear our menu in English" might be the 9th button you press, with #1 being Spanish, #2 being Ebonics, #3 being Chinese....

Somebody be cool with that. Somebody be "dropping" a song that somebody DID, which will 'splain what the deal is. Or maybe what ever people do, or did, will be rapped by the next president, P. Diddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment