Wednesday, November 1, 2017

SOCIAL DISEASE MEDIA PART TWO: DUSTIN HOFFMAN, ANTI-SEMITISM

People are saying, correctly, that you’re better off WITHOUT social media.

You’re better off NOT checking Twitter or Facebook or Instagram. All these sites do is raise your blood pressure and lower your IQ. You see the opinions of mindless bigots and blamers. The reality is that there are a lot of sick idiots in the world and they vomit their bile on social media, and you get splashed in the eyes with it.

Today, the second-most trending topic, after the NYC Terrorist attack, is...DUSTIN HOFFMAN?

5'6" Hoffman is certainly the smaller target of the two, but why bother Tweeting about him?

The answer? Antisemitism, of course.

It's the diseased idiots of SOCIAL MEDIA seizing on some reason to go into a rage of name-calling and scapegoating. It's hapless, helpless heaping hunks of horribleness going on a harangue. What they are doing on social media, is opening the bathroom door, just a crack, so they can tweet a few dozen stinking words that show what SHITS they really are. What demented, dangerous pieces of dung they are.

Better to not let reality interfere. Better to ignore Social Media. It's too scary.

Hoffman.

Hoffman, like many, including ex-President George H.W. Bush, is a famous guy a little too frisky with his words and actions. Why? Because he can.

Bush told some actress that his favorite book was "David Cop A Feel," and then he pinched her ass.

Hoffman made some off-color remarks, in the presence of others on the set, to a dippy 17 year-old intern. A lot of people were laughing, and this girl wasn't discouraging his gags, but Hoffman crossed the line. It just took her 30 years and a byline in the Hollywood Reporter to declare her grief.

BUT WHAT DO WE LEARN FROM SOCIAL MEDIA?

That Hoffman is a JEW.

Check this Tweet from a someone with over a THOUSAND followers:

And you thought it was just a story about an egocentric actor being impudent and mouthy? Nope nope. It's about a JEW who didn't know his place.

Apparently Mr. Westcott figures it's ok for any guy to make sexy remarks as long as it's to his own kind.

Just to double check, I took a look at some of this guy's other Tweets.

NOBODY is tossing him off Twitter. Nobody is asking HIM to apologize. He's just another fine fellow on Social Media. He's just another hypocrite who says unpleasant things and assumes nobody should be offended, and if they ARE offended, they should just shut up.

That people are running to the media with tattletales about celebrities is, perhaps, a good thing.

We should all remember that not everyone might appreciate certain types of humor and chummy touchy-feely behavior. BUT...it's not going to change anything.

Reporting terrorist attacks is just encouraging more of them ("Wow, I can get my face in the paper, and Allah reads the paper, so I'll get some extra hummus when I go to heaven....")

And reporting bad behavior is NOT stopping people from being crude and disgusting, especially if it's in private an it becomes a he-said she-said. The Cosby scandal: there are guys giving roofies to women in bars every night. The women aren't thinking, "I better keep an eye on my drink, I don't know this guy that well." And after? They are often told by other women, "Forget it, it happens. Get back to dating. If you report it there's no proof it wasn't consensual."

What SOCIAL DISEASE MEDIA proves, is that for every bad thing that happens, there are THOUSANDS of morons who misinterpret it, think it's not so bad, or use it for scapegoating.

I say this with some regret and empathy. Women get cat-calls and wolf-whistles every day on the street and have to accept this as just minor "nuisance." Telling off some jerk is asking for trouble.

I've fought many a battle with eBay, for one example, in demanding respect for women in general, and famous actresses I know in particular. It's even gotten into the newspapers. I'm glad to say that eBay's actually changed its attitude toward "fantasy nude" images of celebrities sold on the site. Some things you can change, or at least call attention to as a problem. But boorish behavior is NOT going to change.

While not sexual, some incidents that happened to me in the workplace not long ago, were disturbing, unwanted and offensive.

I volunteer my time in certain ways and at certain places. In one place, another office worker, male and not gay, would regularly bother me with his rotten jokes and boring opinions of current events. To me, his crap was just as annoying as Dustin Hoffman ordering lunch of "a hard boiled egg and a soft boiled clitoris." If it's not witty, SHUT UP.

All I could do was avoid this idiot. I didn't want to tell him, "DON'T tell me jokes" or "I find you BORING." So I just avoided him, which is often the easiest and best defense. Did it work? NO. A bunch of us were ordering lunch, and this guy happened to be next to me when I called out my order to the person on the phone with the take-out place. What did my nemesis do? He grinned broadly, reached over and began rubbing my belly.

OK, I'm not a woman and he didn't touch an erogenous zone. But does that mean that I wanted my privacy invaded? That I wanted this IDIOT touching me? He thought he was being amusing.

Again, all I could do was make a mental note on this mental case: "Do NOT stand next to him."

Too bad he wasn't famous, then I could write about it in The Hollywood Reporter and it might go viral.

But going viral in SOCIAL DISEASE MEDIA rarely helps. Yes, Hoffman is now embarrassed. He might, like Kevin Spacey, eend up getting less work, or having an award suddenly taken away by some huffy person "shocked, SHOCKED" at bad behavior. But the Hoffman story opened him up to that can of worms called antisemites, who were just waiting to find a new target and example for their bilious hatred and scapegoating. The "real news" told us that Hoffman, like quite a few celebrities, can be tacky, self-important, and not nearly as funny as he thinks he is. SOCIAL MEDIA reminded me that there are mindless antisemites in the world who look at Hoffman not as a celebrity but...as...a...JEW.

How many dozens or hundreds of antisemitic remarks on Hoffman were on social media because of this incident? Don't expect ME to be counting them. The less time spent on Social Media the better.

Sure, I wonder about this nut that I quoted. Has he watched any of Hoffman's movies? Enjoyed them? Is he one of those weird racists who doesn't MIND somebody of another color or religion as long as they don't get too close? In the old days, Sammy Davis Jr, was ok if he was up on stage, amusing his white audience. He was not so amusing when me married a white woman. He was even less amusing when he revealed himself as Jewish.

Fact:

There's a lot of bad in the world, but most of it involves jerks on SOCIAL MEDIA making sorry situations worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment