Monday, October 28, 2019

James Taylor? Leonard Cohen? It's the American Singer-Songwriter Werewolf!

I love my label...I love my label...

And I'm on the same label as some rather obscure people that I collected years ago: Gunhill Road, Marsha Malamet, Raun MacKinnon, Ron Nagle...

Great. I'm thinking, "wouldn't it be great if one day I got signed to Mercury, Decca, Kapp or Warner Bros. like these idiosyncratic people I admire?"

Now we're all on CD Baby. Wah!

What? It's HALLOWEEN time again...time to feebly "network" and mention that I put out a Halloween novelty album cleverly titled "Ha Ha Halloween."

AN AMERICAN SINGER-SONGWRITER WEREWOLF And that link takes you to the world of the forlorn jerk with a guitar who wants to be a star. (God help the troubadour).

He's the typical sensitive schmuck who sits under a tree in a park, strums, and hopes this will be a magnet attracting a curious female. One who doesn't LOOK too curious, but is deeply IMPRESSED with somebody singing...

Hmmm, how about "Wild World" by Cat Stevens? The opening notes to "Stairway to Heaven?"

Maybe something by Neil Young, Leonard Cohen or James Taylor...or...

The werewolf morphs into those guys, and subtly (or not) swipes notes from his idols' most famous songs. Several more famous singers get auditioned as our hero tries to figure out who to imitate for maximum carnal profit.

As I recall the last time I performed this, the biggest laugh was when I turned into Neil Diamond. Yes, I even broke into some vibrato for that one. Somehow I missed doing a chorus of "Sweet Caroline, OI OI OI," but you can hear that at most any British boxing match, for reasons that are totally spooky, if not downright creepy and perplexing.

OH..."constant interruptions are the disruption of the imagination..."

How amusing that before you can hear me, YouTube, owned by Google, who make more money in a minute than I do in a year, stuck in a commercial for a writing course. Why DID they choose THAT?

Joyce Carol Oates, do you have any idea you're my warm-up act? The least you could've done was tell a joke.

Is she still shilling? Maybe by now they switched to some other 10 second commercial??

As Rod Serling used to say..."submitted for your approval..."

No comments:

Post a Comment