Tuesday, October 1, 2019

RON to RAUN - Welcome to My Label

Little did I think, back in the day, that I'd be on the same label as several artists I admired:

RON NAGLE. No, I'm not on Warner Bros. where he made "Bad Rice."

GUNHILL ROAD. No, I'm not on Mercury or Kama Sutra.

Both released their new albums on CD Baby. Just like me.

In honor of Halloween, here's a link to...

An American Singer-Songwriter Werewolf From my album HA HA HALLOWEEN.

Yes, FREE MUSIC! NO CHARGE!

In this song, I play a folkie idiot who hopes to impress women by strumming a guitar (you see them do this in parks, on benches, on train platforms). He'll either cover or SING like Neil Young, James Taylor, Leonard Cohen, Neil Diamond, or...

Or...Cat Stevens, except I couldn't remotely do Cat Stevens so I left him out.

RAUN MACKINNON put out her second album on KAPP. Her first album was folk. This was folk rock.

KAPP was trying to get a bit more contemporary, and even signed a rock group called THE GOOD RATS (produced by Ron Haffkine, who later produced Dr. Hook).

"Color Wheel" was a good rock number and "Sister Marie," with added orchestration, a poignant ballad.

Fifty years after that album came out...she's got a new one. On CD Baby. Welcome to my label, Raun.

"I love my label, and my label loves me..."

Yes, just like RONALD L. SMITH, RON NAGLE, GUNHILL ROAD...new RAUN MACKINNON music will be for sale all over the world, and the songs will be on Spotify, iTunes and most likely YouTube.

Who needs radio play anymore? Or a lot of royalties?

Me, Ron, Gunhill Road and Raun, we'll make the money selling t-shirts the next time we gig...

No comments:

Post a Comment