Friday, March 20, 2015

Bill Murray "ROCKS" a dress on Kimmel's show

The most over-used verb among today's illiterates, is "rock."

Since illiterates are interns or low-paid slugs at newspaper websites, "rock" is used more often in describing things, than it is in articles about Chris Rock.

So after I rocked my slippers and bathrobe, and rocked some milk into my morning coffee, and after I rocked a shower, I rocked the Internet and noticed an article on how Bill Murray ROCKED a dress on Kimmel's show.

This is news?

This rocks??

There was a time when you either watched Carson or Leno or you didn't. Whatever they did was almost NEVER in the morning newspaper, because celebrity news was NOT NEWS.

Last night, thanks to "March Madness" pre-empting Letterman, I did happen to see Kimmel and his pudgy un-PC pal Guillermo the Stereotype do tequila shots as they wandered into Austin, Texas pinata shops. Then Bill Murray made his grand entrance wearing some kind of frock with a sweater over it. So? Bill Murray is creepy. He's always been creepy. He's comedy's leading sociopath, one who can inspire fear and loathing until, somehow, he makes people laugh. The man looks dangerous and prides himself on having few boundaries (as was proven when his wife sued for divorce on the grounds of serial adultery.)

It can be funny when Bill fixes his cock-eyed stare on even a veteran talk show host, reducing that person to helpless giggles. Bill might choose to deliberately answer questions with no concern or interest, or literally walk out and let the cameras chase him as he takes off down the street (as he did with Letterman one night).

So Murray just happened to decide he'd wear a dress. He didn't explain it. He just did it, ha ha.

On this isn't news. And he didn't "rock" it.

Few people "rock" anything, and that includes rock music these days. But some DUDE with a limited vocabulary, thought Bill Murray ROCKED wearing a dress, and this, not the massacre in Tunisia, or the Israeli elections, or even the latest inane APP, was of mammoth importance this morning for the world to know.

Jesus, there wasn't some slutty celebrity out there who didn't ROCK a dress in some nightclub last night? Isn't that the usual news of the world?

It seems that now and then, like a sudden pimple, an ugly word turns up and will not go away. Believe me, it's a BUMMER when that happens. It might even keep me from FAPPING, even though I'm a HIPSTER. REALLY. REALLY?? REALLY!

Sometimes people tell me I rocked some topic or other, but I tend to stop communicating with people who tell me that.

These are usually the same people who address me as DUDE.

No comments:

Post a Comment