Saturday, June 16, 2018

Got...GOTTI?

The Gotti movie...got whacked by the critics. What do you expect with freaky metrosexual Scientologist lunatic Travolta THINKING he could be taken seriously as The Dapper Don?

The New York Post's reviewer enjoyed himself...not at the movie, but at the keyboard, tossing out every type of insult:

The finished product belongs in a cement bucket at the bottom of the river...Travolta, who’s made a career out of Italian stereotypes, obviously thought the Dapper Don would be his Don Corleone. It’s his Chef Boy­ardee...It’s the worst mob movie ever, but I see a bright future in midnight showings. “The Gotti Horror Picture Show.”

When I saw the bus shelter posters for "Gotti" I thought...TRAVOLTA? This looks like a disaster.

Travolta? Anyone scared of that dopey-looking jerk? Even fitted with a bad wig, he looks nothing like John Gotti. If you EVER saw John Gotti, you saw evil, and it was scary. I know, because I did. I was walking down a street in Little Italy, and coming toward me was Gotti flanked by two henchmen.

He looked like what James Cagney TRIED to be. There was something instantly smoldering, savage, contemptuous and contemptible about his sneering face. His shark-like black eyes beneath black eyebrows seemed unfocused; an omnivore not really looking at anything in general but ready to seize on and destroy anything that unfortunately distracted him and caught his attention.

My office...the comedy magazine RAVE, was on Prince Street, and there were whispers that Gotti's "office" was nearby.

Not a big guy, Gotti was like a pit bull off the leash. A quiet stroll could instantly lead to mayhem if he snapped his fingers or clenched his jaw. Recognizing him really did give me a moment of very real concern. Like, should I cross the street? Fortunately, the trio disappeared into the unmarked garage-like "social club" he inhabited, mid-block.

No comments:

Post a Comment